Re: File greater than 2 GB

From: Baruch Shpirer (Baruch@Shpirer.com)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 14:17:03 EDT

I have detailed document on large file support in most common unix
systems
For the AIX platform I have checked this and verified it works

Here is how to enable LFS : ( The ORACLE will basicly be able to use
large files when the system is LFS enabled )

AIX
Configure or verify that the file system supports large files using
smit:
-> System Sotrage Managment
-> File Systems
-> Add/Change/Show Delete File Systems
-> Journaled File Systems
-> Change/Show Characterisitcs of journaled File System
-> Large File Enabled -> TRUE

I don't remember if I had to reboot or not , iam quite sure I needed to
even though it seemed to apply it to any file system that was remounted

For any problems about this , you can email me directly

Good luck.

Baruch Shpirer
Windows/*nix System & Network Admin.
Mobile +972-67-777167