Re: Switching the SAN switches.

From: Jeff Barratt (jbarratt@COMPSAT.COM)
Date: Mon Apr 21 2003 - 19:11:45 EDT

I have successfully replaced both failed switches and added new switch with
SDD under AIX with no downtime. However, I didn't formally document the
steps. I will do some testing in the lab in the next coupla days and provide
the exact procedure necessary AFAIR: the link will fail back over if you
have procedurally shut down the adapter via datapath set device # path #
offline disconnected the switch and did whatever h/w swap is
necessary(corePID needs to be the same),run datapath set device # path #
online . I am certain I am missing a step or two(maybe rmdev -dl on the dead
paths and a cfgmgr with the new switch in place?).