Re: Directory Conventions for Utilities?

From: Bill Verzal (BVerzal@KOMATSUNA.COM)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 14:07:20 EDT

/usr/local/bin is where I put mine.
Bill Verzal
AIX Admin/Komatsu America
(847) 970-3726 (v)

| | Tim Muller |
| | <aix_sa_706@YAHOO|
| | .COM> |
| | Sent by: IBM AIX |
| | Discussion List |
| | <aix-l@Princeton.|
| | EDU> |
| | |
| | 04/15/2003 12:59 |
| | PM |
| | Please respond to|
| | IBM AIX |
| | Discussion List |
| | |
  | |
  | To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU |
  | cc: |
  | Subject: Directory Conventions for Utilities? |

I've been playing with nmon lately, which I had
installed in the root directory. Realizing that root
is probably not the best place for it, I started to
move it to my own home directory, but decided that
wasn't a good place either.

Are there any conventions for where to store the
various utilities that SA's accumulate? TIA.

=====
Tim Mueller
Hamilton Co. Dept. of Job & Family Services
Cincinnati, OH USA