Re: Paging Space on AIX 5.2

From: John Jolet (john.jolet@FXFN.COM)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 16:32:44 EDT

you can't remove hd6...what I normally do is have at least two paging
spaces, on different physical disks. You DO, however, want them to be the
same size...aix uses them in round-robin fashion. So in your case, i'd
delete paging00 and put it on another physical drive. if hdisk0 is all
you've got, i don' tknow of any advantage to having two paging spaces. Just
be aware that if the disk your paging space(s) is(are) on dies, the whole
machine dies (voice of experience), so don't put it on a cruddy drive.