Re: Use JFS2 for ROOTVG ?

From: Damir Delija (damir.delija@PBZ.HR)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 01:46:20 EDT

up rootvg as JFS2 or JFS filesystems. I'm >leaning towards JFS2 and I'm
wondering if anyone sees any disadvantages of using JFS2 for rootvg.

>Any comments would be appreciated.
>Thanks

Actually we have done some intesive testing on JFS2 on our p690, JFS2 looks
so promising.

It comes out that it works well for rootvg (AIX) but there are some
nasty bugs (look at the appar list on IBM site) on handling sparese type
files
Our oracle DBa noticed that there is diffrecence among ls -la and du on some

oracle temporary tables and we noticed later that fsck run on such files
cause
error notification and file removal.

We noticed that oracle 9.2.x and JFS2 in some configurations caused problems
with ASYNC_IO
for this last we are not sure because we switched to JFS fot the oracle
orineted VGs.

During this testing we had various reboots, dumps, mixed volume gropus and
all other works perfectly on JFS2

I hope this helps

Damir Delija