Re: 7013 Replacements?

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 09:42:39 EST

Never used 7013s, but I am familiar with the SP2 604 and 604e High Nodes,
which are substantially the same thing.

We upgraded these initially to Silver nodes, which are equivalent to the
F50. An F50 or F80 would be suitable. Both of these are OK with AIX5L,
although the F50 may have trouble with the 64-bit kernel. You can pick up
F50s quite cheap second hand, (I saw one last week for USD1995); F80s are a
bit pricier.

Of the current models, the p610 or p630 would be worth considering; they're
available as rack-mount or standalone. Maybe a 44P-270.

Depends on your budget; the expected lifetime of the system; projected
growth; I/O requirements etc.

My inclination would be a second user F50, (if you just want something
cheap) or a p630 (if you want something with potential for growth).

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe s.a.r.l.