Re: SP-Attached S80 Question

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 10:26:22 EST

I _think_ all you really need to do is remove the ssp.* filesets and
possibly the rsct.* filesets. (That will depend on whether you have those
installed for anything else, e.g. HACMP.)

Check inittab, and re-boot it.

Re-configure NTP, if you still want to use it.

You might want to make sure that the console works.

I'm assuming you're not making use of anything elsewhere in the SP2, e.g.
automounter for home directories.

Oh! And remove it from the SDR. I'd do that after unplugging it, using
spdelfram.

In the Installation and Migration Guide there are notes on adding an
existing server - S7A/S80 originally - to an SP2 and that essentially
consists of hooking it up, adding it to the SDR and Customizing it, (which
installs ssp.*). So just do the reverse.

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe s.a.r.l.