Re: Is ssh good with AIX?

From: Adams Kevin J (kevin.adams@PHS.COM)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 14:43:13 EST

I have yet to hear of anyone who on purpose can ssh to root if root remote
login is false.

I'm trying to allow that, but can't make it work, i.e., allow ssh to root if
root remote login is false.

Someone else was trying to disallow that, but could not make it work, i.e.,
disallow ssh to root it root remote login is false.

I can use ssh login to user accounts and su to root, but I cannot use ssh to
run commands remotely as root.

Otherwse it works great.

You do have to be sure you are using "secure" settings in your client and
server configs.

Kevin Adams