Re: Easy way to programatically change /etc/passwd

From: Bruce Whittaker (bwhittak@ENERGY.COM.AU)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 22:30:40 EST

Will this fix your problem ?

cat /etc/passwd | tr \! \* > new_passwd

Just be aware that all exclamation marks will be altered so first make
sure that no doubles exist.

Bruce Whittaker,
CASS Support,
Extension 34193
External (02) 9269 4193.
This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately via return
e-mail and then delete the original e-mail. EnergyAustralia has collected
your business contact details for dealing with you in your business
capacity. More information about how we handle your personal information,
including your right of access is contained at http://www.energy.com.au.

pSeries AIX Geek <aixgeek@YAHOO.COM>
Sent by: IBM AIX Discussion List <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>
18/03/2003 14:10
Please respond to IBM AIX Discussion List