Re: syslogd daemon stops writing output.

From: Bruce Whittaker (bwhittak@ENERGY.COM.AU)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 18:19:53 EST

Hi Jim,

I've had it happen where a device has bombarded the error logger with
messages and basically overloaded it. It came good by itself once the
source of messages was fixed.

Cheers,

Bruce Whittaker,
CASS Support,
Extension 34193
External (02) 9269 4193.
This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately via return
e-mail and then delete the original e-mail. EnergyAustralia has collected
your business contact details for dealing with you in your business
capacity. More information about how we handle your personal information,
including your right of access is contained at http://www.energy.com.au.

Jim Lane <JLane@TORONTOHYDRO.COM>
Sent by: IBM AIX Discussion List <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>
13/03/2003 00:21
Please respond to IBM AIX Discussion List