Re: Administrative accounts

From: Shawn Bierman (BiermanS@METHODISTHEALTH.ORG)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 14:30:19 EST

Yes vi could create a problem but, I didn't really want to focus on vi.

  Roles seem to be a nice tool thats available with AIX but you can't find "good" documentation on it. The docs at IBM seem to be very vague and with no examples. I was hoping someone has used Roles before.

Is everyone, on this listserv, just logging in as root? =)
-shawn

>>> abdelkarim.daddi-hammou@VMD.DESJARDINS.COM 3/12/03 12:43:44 PM >>>
Hi All,

To avoid the problem of escaping from vi, you can use vim it's much better
hardned.

Abdelakrim

Abdelkarim Daddi-Hammou
Administrateur de systèmes UNIX /WebSphere -
UNIX /WebSphere Systems Administrator
Valeurs Mobilières Desjardins - Desjardins Securities
tél. (514) 281-2244 x 7604
adh@vmd.desjardins.com

"Myers, Drew" <MyersD@GOALAMO.COM>
Sent by: IBM AIX Discussion List <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>
12/03/2003 13:05
Please respond to IBM AIX Discussion List