Re: NIM mksysb install - just sits there. MORE: bootp problem

From: Michelle DeVault (adsmigmo@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 11:26:24 EST

--- Holger.VanKoll@SWISSCOM.COM wrote:
>> The client is on a different subnet than the
server.
>> I think I'm leaning more towards this being my
>> problem, although I'm not sure what I don't have
set
>> up correctly.
>

> ask your network-admin to let the router forward
> bootp/dhcp

According to the network guy, he's got the router
defined so that all bootp requests go to another aix
box, not the box I've set up as my nim master
(something about the timeclocks). I'm hoping he can
redefine for me, but it not - how can I do this? Can
one server act as a bootp server and another act as
the rest of the NIM server with all the rest of the
resources? Is this in the manual anywhere?