Re: The cancel command

From: Cooper, Keith (kcooper@SELFREGIONAL.ORG)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 09:31:19 EST

Found this on the IBM Website after doing a search on "no login name
found"

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=aix1d689ba01c7447fc285256cd
b007df019

0781-111

* No login name found
* This problem often occurs during the process of trying to cancel
jobs to remote system, especially with Windows/NT servers when using
AIXSHORT for stat filter. Be sure to use bsdshort and bsdlong.
* Clear unwanted files out of /var/spool/lpd/qdir. These
frequently give this problem.
* Remove /etc/qconfig.bin, and rerun lpstat.

HTH,

Keith Cooper

Unix Administrator

Self Regional Healthcare
Greenwood, SC USA

IBM AIX System Admin 4.3/System User, A+, Linux+,

Network+, I-Net+ Certified, Compaq APS Certified - Notebooks &
Desktop/Workstations.

This electronic message transmission, including any attachments,
contains information from Self Regional Healthcare which may be
confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the
use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of
the contents of this information is prohibited.

If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please
notify the sender immediately by a "reply to sender only" message and
destroy all electronic and hard copies of the communication, including
attachments.