Re: recreate a filesystem on another physical drive

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 05:16:55 EST

If the disks are in the same volume group, migratepv.
If not, cplv will do the job, (but remember that you have to make change the
LV and JFSlog name in the /etc/filesystems stanza separately).

For some circumstances, other methods might be appropriate. e.g. If you
have a problem with downtime. On occasion, I've created the new filesystem
myself, manually, then changed the old one to read-only, allowing partial
availability whilst I copy it, using something like cpio.

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe s.a.r.l.