Re: Moving volume groups to different system

From: Sue Pellerito (Sue.Pellerito@JACKINTHEBOX.COM)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 14:11:17 EST

I have exported the volume groups and then rezoned and imported
successfully with no loss of data. We have EMC disk using Brocade switches.

Shekhar Dhotre <Shekhar.Dhotre@LENDLEASEREI.COM>@Princeton.EDU> on
02/28/2003 10:40:00 AM

Please respond to IBM AIX Discussion List <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>

Sent by: IBM AIX Discussion List <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>

To: aix-l
cc:

Subject: Moving volume groups to different system

Hi all ,

We are moving our devolvement server from H70 to S70 .

both systems are connected to ESS . via mcdata fiber connections .

PLAN A
If we rezone the mcdata and point H70 `s Disks to S70 and do importvg
on all VG`s --- Will this work ?

PLAN B

reallocate disks to S70 ,recreate volume group and restore all data from
backup ???

What everyone thinks ?

Thanks

SD