xhost not working properly - how can I get AIX to accept xclients?

From: Eric Hunter (ehunter@MARSYS.COM)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 10:58:51 EST

Im trying to run netscape on an HPUX server and export the display to a
vnc session running on a 6C1 rs/6000. When logged into the VNC session
on the RS6 and executing xhost +HPUX , I get the following error:
1346-217 xhost: must be on local machine to enable or disable access
control.

The command gives me a zero return code, but xclients give me a
"connection refused" error.

How can I get my AIX box to accept incoming Xclients?