SNMP and host MIB on AIX 4.3.3 and 5L

From: Myers, Drew (MyersD@GOALAMO.COM)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 14:33:35 EST

Hi,

I'm running a heterogeneous environment consisting of several HP and AIX
boxes, and overall, they seem to work well together.

One thing I'm having trouble with, and I hope this is a misconfiguration
error on my part...

There's a host MIB which reports filesystem sizes, CPU utilization, memory
utilization, paging space, etc. I run it on the HP systems with no problem,
and am able to produce some very nice reports with it. However, I can't say
the same for AIX. I've found an MIB for AIX that contains the filesystem
information, but nothing that reports CPU and memory utilization, as well as
paging space, etc.

Could anyone point me in the right direction? I'm interested in 4.3.3 and
5L (though I realize the MIB's will likely be different).

Is there an additional software package required? I called IBM support
about this (just front-line though) and was told this was simply not an
option. "AIX doesn't support SNMP". Yeah...I'm not buying that one.

Anyway...any help you could provide is appreciated.

Drew Myers
perotsystems
(954)769-2489