Re: bootinfo flags

From: justin.bleistein@SUNGARD.COM
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 15:51:38 EST

I could be wrong and someone correct me if I'm wrong please but one means
what ur system is actually capable of running (bit wise) and the other is
what u are currently truely running (bit wise). I'm not sure which one, any
input would be cool thanks

--Justin

                      Raj Atwal
                      <tatwal@YAHOO.COM To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
> cc:
                      Sent by: IBM AIX Subject: bootinfo flags
                      Discussion List
                      <aix-l@Princeton.

                      02/25/2003 03:42
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      IBM AIX
                      Discussion List

L&G,

Could somebody please explain to me what the flags -K
and -y do with the bootinfo command. I believe both of
these flags are undocumented, at least I can't find
any information on them. The -y I believe returns
whether you have 32 or 64 bit architecture. But I
thought that was also the function of the -K flag.

On one of my servers with bootinfo -y I get 64, and
then on the same server with the -K I get 32 ???

I hope somebody can clear this up for me. By the way
the above server I was running the command on is a
44P.

TIA

Raj Atwal

=====