Re: Mount error

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 03:46:42 EST

I had a similar problem last week on a DR test.

I had three newly created filesystems which I could not mount. fsck was
clean on two of them and showed a dirty superblock - which it fixed - on the
third. I checked the details of the 0506-034 message in the manual, but
none of the conditions seemed to apply. In my case, I deleted the
filesystems & LVs and re-created them. I would have liked to investigate
further but I was working to a deadline. (This was also a 4.3.3 system;
ML08.)

This might have been some sort of ODM problem, given that a re-boot fixed
it. It's difficult to investigate now, of course, since it's been fixed.
If it happens again it might be worth trying a synclvodm for the whole VG.
Also check the state of the disks in the VG and consider running cfgmgr
and/or varyonvg.

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe s.a.r.l.