niminit error - NIM master on different subnet than client

From: Michelle DeVault (adsmigmo@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 16:58:07 EST

Hi, trying to set up NIM. AIX 4.3.3.

NIM master is on different subnet than potential NIM
client. Trying to run niminit from client, and get

0042-008 NIMkid: Request denied -
The specified NIM master is not currently configured
to define machines on your subnet. The machine must
be defined from the master OR a network corresponding
to your subnet must be defined on the master before
you can add yourself as a client to this NIM
environment.

So how do I define client from the master (I thought
niminit had to be run on client) or define network to
master that corresponds to the client subnet?

Thanks,