Re: Migrating passwd files to a linux system.

From: Jolet, John (John.Jolet@MISYSHEALTHCARE.COM)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 17:58:38 EST

I migrated aix password information to an nis server on linux...there's a
utility i think called mergepwd, or pwdmerge or something that outputs to
stdout the normal equivilent of the stuff aix stores. then you just
redirect that to a file and copy it to your linux box, clean up the system
accounts watching for uid collisions..and away you go.