Re: AIX microcode

From: N. Leenders (nadine@UALBERTA.CA)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 15:49:03 EST

Hi,

I'm relatively new to this group and to AIX administration.

Right now, I'm installing software on a new 5.2 system. There is a
problem with the "bos.rte.tty 5.2.02" fileset, it lists as being broken.
But I can't find copy of it on neither the 5.2 CDs, nor can I get it to
download from the IBM fix delivery center. The message from the fix center
is "Fix package contains no fixes. This can occur if the maintenance level
you selected already contains the fix, or if detailed system fix
information you provided indicates that the fix has already been installed
on your system." Any ideas how I go about finding this? Am I somehow
being blind to it on the CDs?

My other problem is installing "IBM Parallel Environment for AIX 5L".
Smitty is insisting that I need the prereqs Java130.rte.bin 1.3.0.0 and
Java130.rte.lib 1.3.0.0. I've put in Java131.rte.bin 1.3.1.7 and
Java131.rte.lib 1.3.1.7, but this isn't helping. Any ideas?

Nadine Leenders
Research Support
University of Alberta