Re: delete whole system

From: Bruce Harvey (BruceH@ROUTESCAPE.COM)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 12:02:24 EST

The only way I know to do this requires manual actions ... "System, Delete
Thyself" doesn't really work. You can make it unusable, but you can't
totally blow it away. Some portion of it will remain, even though it won't
boot ... not unless you pre-program a PC or other "system" to issue the
manual commands for you. Even the 'telnet' session can't delete everything
without deleting the telnet session, and once that's deleted, who knows how
much will continue after that.

This doesn't sound like something I would want to do, even in testing.
Something like this is too dangerous and sounds more like destructive
behavior than constructive behavior.

Where does this fit in to your work day/style/etc.?

Bruce T. Harvey (Special Projects)
bth@comcast.net -- bruceh@routescape.com
410-236-5721 (cell) -- 410-403-2390 (off.)
Insight Distribution Systems / CoAxis, Inc.
Hunt Valley, Maryland U.S.A. 21031-1422