Mail Filtering And Notification.

From: Bruce Whittaker (bwhittak@ENERGY.COM.AU)
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 21:28:18 EST

Hi All,

I need a little guidance. I have been tasked with filtering mail in AIX
with the following aims.

1. Delete specific system messages whose emailed text can be easily
identified.
2. Intercept certain emails, interrogate the email with a C program and
thensend an automatic email to users (probably to be done from the C
program).
3. The costs should be minimal (read nil ;-)

Does anyone have any recommendations or links to documentation so that I
have a place to start? I'm a C programmer so coding my own stuff is not an
issue if people feel that's the best way to go.

Cheers,

Bruce Whittaker,
CASS Support,
Extension 34193
External (02) 9269 4193.

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately via return
e-mail and then delete the original e-mail. EnergyAustralia has collected
your business contact details for dealing with you in your business
capacity. More information about how we handle your personal information,
including your right of access is contained at http://www.energy.com.au.