Using A Dell Storage Device with an RS/6000 F50

From: Brian C. Kacmarsky (bkacmarsky@rwu.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 14:22:16 EST

We are currently looking at our options in expanding the disk space on
our 7025-F50. It has come to our attention that we have a Dell
PowerVault 2105 storage device that is not being used. I think this
device is a SCSI 3 device whereas the RS/6000 F50 uses SCSI 2, but I
think this issue could be resolved with the purchase of a cable.

My question is does anyone know if this Dell storage device will be
compatible with AIX 4.3.3? And if so what would need to be completed or
installed to make this device operational?

Thanks.

Brian

Brian Kacmarsky
Systems Administrator