F50 Raid level 5

From: Adam Hanel (hanela@BILLINGS.K12.MT.US)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 11:13:39 EST

I have a 7025-F50 with a group of 4 9gb disks running in a raid array of
level 5. I would like to add 2 more 9gb disks to array but I've never done
this before. I have been told that I can add drives 2 different ways, and
I'd like input from the list.

1st way- Backup the volume group, use "smitty pdam" drop the disk array,
add the 2 extra drives, recreate the disk array including the 2 new drives,
and restore from backup.

2nd way- Backup the volume group, add the drives, "smitty pdam" and add the
new drives to the disk array without having to drop the volume group.

Has any one done this before?

-Adam