Re: od -x

From: Jean-Marc Monnez (monnez.jean-marc@AGORA.MSA.FR)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 06:15:49 EST

No, Bill, you need 2 hex figures to represent one byte, and each 'od -x' output
line contains only 16 bytes dumped.
In fact the address (offset) given in od output is by default an octal figure
(octal 000020 is correct for decimal 16). You need to use 'od -A x ...' if you
want the offset to be given in hex too. Have a look at -A option.

Regards

-- JMM

Jean-Marc MONNEZ
MSA / AGORA / ATD