TSM on AIX Virtual Volumes

From: Bradberry, Kenneth (KBradberry@SUPERIORCONSULTANT.COM)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 10:01:58 EST

I know this is a bandwidth, TSM, AIX questions. I have TSM installed on AIX
on distributed sites across the country. I would like to start using
virtual volumes to perform copies of the primary storage pools and db's at a
central site. The primary storage pools are averaging about 50GB. Is there
anyone who can share there experiences with this type of setup. I'm trying
to get away from tape libraries for our smaller sites if possible. (sorry,
I know this is more a TSM question, but since most of us AIX SA's run the
TSM systems as well, it doesn't seem to far off)

Thanks,

Kenneth Bradberry
Director, Technology and Infrastructure
Superior Consultant Company