Re: secure ftp ?

From: Holger.VanKoll@SWISSCOM.COM
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 12:48:59 EST

maybe this helps
https://pki.services.ibm.com/ieftp/webdocs.shtml#ftps_clients
<https://pki.services.ibm.com/ieftp/webdocs.shtml#ftps_clients>

-----Original Message-----
From: Shekhar Dhotre [mailto:Shekhar.Dhotre@LENDLEASEREI.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 6:15 PM
To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
Subject: secure ftp ?

I have written an interface program to extract insurance information from
PeopleSoft to be sent to Zurich Insurance Company. The original intent of
the interface process was for the process to be an automated two-step
process.
The first program creates the interface file. Upon successful completion of
the first program, the second program executes a call to UNIX and logs into
the remote server via an SFTP command in order to put the interface file on
the remote server.

Zurich Insurance requires that the file be sent via SFTP, not FTP. I have
confirmed this with technical support at Zurich. I have tried to connect to
their IP address using FTP and it does not work. Their FTP site is setup
only to receive SFTP.

Zurich recommends use of the SecureFX software but this only works on
Windows-based servers. They recommend OpenSSH for Unix based servers.
now our company policy says - No use of free software in production - is
there any other way to accomplish this ?

or what you guys are using ?

Thanks
Shekhar Dhotre .