Re: Processes causing excessive paging

From: Holger.VanKoll@SWISSCOM.COM
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 04:30:56 EST

svmon -P -t5 -g
might be a start

-----Original Message-----
From: FELLOWES Stephen [mailto:S.Fellowes@HERMES.CO.UK]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 10:24 AM
To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
Subject: Processes causing excessive paging

Hi,
        I am having trouble identifying a process or processes on a J50
running 4.3.3. that is/are causing an excessive amount of paging. There
have been times when the box has been 70-80% idle but the paging has
increased well above 75%. This has only started happening in the last
couple of months, and there have been no major changes to the OS or any
of the applications.

Could someone let me know how to identify the problem.

Kind Regards

This is an email communication from Hermes Pensions Management Ltd.
Registered in England No. 1661776.

This electronic mail, together with any attachments, is for the
exclusive and confidential use of the recipient addressee. Any other
distribution, use or reproduction without our prior consent is
unauthorised and strictly prohibited. If you have received this message
in error, please delete it immediately and contact the sender directly
or the Hermes IT Helpdesk on +44 (0)20 7680 2117. Any views or
opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Hermes Pensions Management Ltd or of any
of its associated companies. No reliance may be placed on this message
without written confirmation from an authorised representative of the
company.

Hermes Pensions Management Limited reserves the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its network.

This message has been checked for viruses but the recipient is strongly
advised to rescan the message before opening any attachments or attached
executable files.