Re: 2 dump questions

From: Saxon, Lamar (Lamar.Saxon@AMERICREDIT.COM)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 21:49:00 EST

1. Yes. On the S85 it is done via the operator panel. I do not have the
sequence off hand; but it is in your service guide and in the AIX online
documentation. On the H70, it is simply hit the reset button. BUT, you
must have always allow dump ( -K ) set to TRUE; not false.

2. The dump device on a fresh install of AIX since version 4 is set to hd6
or paging space.

HTH,
Lamar