Re: secure ftp ?

From: Holger.VanKoll@SWISSCOM.COM
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 12:48:59 EST

maybe this helps
https://pki.services.ibm.com/ieftp/webdocs.shtml#ftps_clients

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Shekhar Dhotre [mailto:Shekhar.Dhotre@LENDLEASEREI.COM]
        Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 6:15 PM
        To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
        Subject: secure ftp ?

        I have written an interface program to extract insurance
information from PeopleSoft to be sent to Zurich Insurance Company. The
original intent of the interface process was for the process to be an
automated two-step process.
        The first program creates the interface file. Upon successful
completion of the first program, the second program executes a call to
UNIX and logs into the remote server via an SFTP command in order to put
the interface file on the remote server.

        Zurich Insurance requires that the file be sent via SFTP, not
FTP. I have confirmed this with technical support at Zurich. I have
tried to connect to their IP address using FTP and it does not work.
Their FTP site is setup only to receive SFTP.

        Zurich recommends use of the SecureFX software but this only
works on Windows-based servers. They recommend OpenSSH for Unix based
servers.
        now our company policy says - No use of free software in
production - is there any other way to accomplish this ?

        or what you guys are using ?

        Thanks
        Shekhar Dhotre .