Re: Tcpwrapper for AIX 5.1 system

From: Adams Kevin J (kevin.adams@PHS.COM)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 12:58:31 EST

John,

With IPSec you can enable logging of packets, but tcpwrappers, even with
allow, gives you additional logging of connection information.

IPSec, using filters, can protect services other that those in inetd.

It's also quite easy to create IPSec IKE tunnels between AIX and AIX, AIX
and Linux, and AIX and Windows, which can protect all your traffic. All
three can be done with out of the box, native functionality.

IPSec keeps getting better as you go from 4.3.2, to 4.3.3, to 5.1 and
especially at 5.2.

I use both tcpwrappers and IPSec.

Kevin Adams