Re: lppchk -v error after AIX 5.1 upgrade

From: Drew Wrobel (Andrew_Wrobel@PEPBOYS.COM)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 12:06:01 EST

     I had the same issue. My problems turned out to be incorrect TSM
filesets.

     To find out what filesets are complaining, run

lppchk -v -m 3

Raj Atwal <tatwal@YAHOO.COM>@Princeton.EDU> on 01/10/2003 11:40:12 AM

Please respond to IBM AIX Discussion List <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>

Sent by: IBM AIX Discussion List <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>

To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
cc:

Subject: lppchk -v error after AIX 5.1 upgrade

I have a box that has been upgraded from 4.3.3 to aix
5.1 ml03. When I run lppchk -v I get this strange msg,

lppchk: The following filesets need to be installed
or corrected to bring the system to a consistent
state:

bos.rte v=4, r<4 (not installed; requisite fileset)

All the other lppchk flags report no errors. I have
checked for broken lpp, and tried cleaning up
installations through smit, although the migration and
ml03 seemed to apply without any errors whatsoever. I
have also searched the ODM for a reference to bos.rte
at this level to no avail. The box seems to be working
just fine, but I do want to fix up this error. Anyone
seen this before or have any ideas??

TIA