SSA 7133-d40 ID light

From: Tom Wood (twood@rezlink.com)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 22:35:39 EST

I noticed the ID light on the front panel of the 7133 enclosure was
flashing amber earlier today and contacted IBM. The display showed a
value of 1460. After reviewing the 7133 guides, I couldn't determine
what the 1460 code was indicating, nor could IBM. From what I could
understand from the guide, that display could be some code value or FAN,
WARM, COLD etc. I went through some initial diag functions (link
verification etc) with support and wasn't able to find anything
conclusive. No reports of any problem from errpt -a either. All lights
(front panel for disk drives, back lights for rear drives, power
supplies and the card where the SSA cables connect) all showed green. By
the time we were done with this, I noticed the light was now off! I
created a snap file and sent it to them and their review didn't come up
with anything concrete. Their best guess is possibly a fan spinning
slowly or a power supply problem. They did say a couple of the filesets
related to the SSA may be a bit behind, but nothing significant.
Basically we decided to monitor a bit closer until something more
definitive comes up.

Anybody have any experience along this line?

Thanks
Tom