Re: How to determine what bus/Interrupt points to what device

From: Willeat, Todd (TWilleat@MHP.SMHS.COM)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 19:23:36 EST

What type of box are you getting this on? I've got 5 B80s that get it
periodically. I haven't gotten around to calling IBM yet since they aren't
causing me any problems (at least not that I know of...).

I have mentioned it to our IBM Reseller and here were a few ideas they had:
1)Need APAR for IBM DPMPA adapter
        APAR: IY30281 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
        ABSTRACT: SYSINTR ERRORS FOR DPMPA ADAPTER
        PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
        The error shows SYSINTR errors for the interrupt level
        corresponding to the dpmpa adapter.
        PROBLEM SUMMARY:
        LABEL: INTRPPC_ERR
        IDENTIFIER: DADF69E4
        Date/Time: Fri Mar 1 09:51:43
        Sequence Number: 182693
        Machine Id: 0002518F4C00
        Node Id: a0101441s1
        Class: H
        Type: UNKN
        Resource Name: SYSINTR
        Resource Class: NONE
        Resource Type: NONE
        Location: NONE
        Description
        UNDETERMINED ERROR
        Probable Causes
        SYSTEM I/O BUS
        SOFTWARE PROGRAM
        ADAPTER
        DEVICE
        Recommended Actions
        PERFORM PROBLEM DETERMINATION PROCEDURES
        Detail Data
        BUS NUMBER
        0000 00C8
        INTERRUPT LEVEL
        0000 0025
        PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
        One last interrupt can hang in the queue without getting
        processed before the port is taken down. Check for interrupts
        and give them time to process before taking down the port.
        ------

        This patch can be downloaded from the following web site.

http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/support/rs6000.support/fixsearch?lang=en
glish&fixdb=aix4&srchtype=apar&query=IY30281
<http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/support/rs6000.support/fixsearch?lang=e
nglish&fixdb=aix4&srchtype=apar&query=IY30281>

2)Try to locate bad hardware
This patch above only applies if the customer has a 2-port multi-protocol
pci
adapter in the system. If this adapter does not exist in the system, you
would defer to the prescribed IBM problem determination procedure, as it is
likely a real piece of hardware failing somewhere in the system.

Since it happens on all 5 machines, it would make perfect sense to find this
adapter in all 5. However, this is a very special purpose comm adapter. If
it doesn't turn out they have these, but before the IBM documented procedure
(which is swapping parts in a prescribed order, essentially), I would
inspect any aftermaket non-IBM parts inside and attached to these boxes,
noting common threads - then move onto problem determination.

For the clients error:

                Detail Data
                BUS NUMBER
                0000 00C0
                INTERRUPT LEVEL
        0000 0001

You can use lsdev and lsresource to pinpoint a good hardware starting point
for inspection:

"lsdev -Cc bus" will give you the list of busses known to the system.

"lsresource -a -l <bus_name> | grep bus_intr_lvl" will list the devices and
their interrupts on the bus specified, as in "lsresource -a -l bus0 | grep
bus_intr_lvl".

The interrupt noted in errpt above is "1", so make serious note what intr #1
is on the bus, and start there...

FYI, #1 is typically a serial comm device in most default AIX installs.

-- For me, this seems to point to siokma0 which is Keyboard/Mouse Adapter