Re: How to determine what bus/Interrupt points to what device

From: Robert Miller (rmiller@SMUD.ORG)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 16:28:44 EST

Something you may want to try...

When I see an entry in errpt that's too vague, I pop up a root shell and run
'diag', go into the Advanced Diagnostics, and select Problem Determination.
Hit enter once to select 'All Resources', and F7 to run it. It usually will
pop up with whatever was causing the problem - I had a bad memory card
giving me strange errors in the errpt log, and running diags pointed me at
the slot holding the bad memory card.

It may not be the 'IBM Approved' way to do things, but it's a way that I've
found that seems to work for me, and I've used it on running systems with no
apparent problems...

(Anyone know offhand if running diags on a running box is a Bad Thing? :) )

--rm