Re: Printer

From: Adams Kevin J (kevin.adams@PHS.COM)
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 13:30:09 EST

Here's from a previous post by Basim:

Migrating Print Queues to Another System

       1. copy the /etc/qconfig (make a copy of the original before)

        2. Copy the following files:
               /var/spool/lpd/pio/@local/custom/*
               /var/spool/lpd/pio/@local/dev/*
               /var/spool/lpd/pio/@local/ddi/*

        3. change the permissions on the copied files to 664
              chmod 664 filename

        4. redigest the queue's
               enq -d

        5. run the chvirprt command on each queue
               chvirprt -q <queue name> -d <device name>

  Note: If you have a lot of queues, the best thing is to create a short
script to do this for you. I grab the queue name and device name by running
lsallq -c and saving it to a file.

        6. cycle the printer subsystem
               stopsrc -cg spooler
               startsrc -g spooler