FW: Problems setting bootlist.

From: Bruce Zimmer (b.r.zimmer@WORLDNET.ATT.NET)
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 08:46:42 EST

Happy new year to all,

            I have a system that I am unable to set the boot list on,
Let me give you the details.

            The system is a 7025-6f1 running 4.3.3 ML9. System has 10
SSA disks and rootvg is comprised of pdisk0 --> hdisk0 and pdisk9 -->
hdisk5 and is mirrored through the LVM. Earlier this week, pdisk0
(hdisk0) went south and we needed to have it replaced. The first thing
that I did was to attempt a bosboot to hdisk5 which failed. As a
precaution, I then instructed the customer to not allow IBM to reboot
the machine when they replaced the drive. I proceeded to break the
mirrors, and reducevg rootvg. I was then able to successfully do the
bosboot and then I changed the bootlist to remove hdisk0. IBM came in
and replaced the drive (the Service tech rmdev'd and cfgmgr so the new
disk still was pdisk0 --> hdisk0) I got back in and remirrored the drive
performed the bosboot and savebase to hdisk0 then attempted to add
hdisk0 back into the bootlist and I got the following error.

                        0514-221 bootlist: Unable to make boot device
list for hdisk0

            The system still has not been rebooted, I would like to
resolve this before a boot is attempted. Does anyone recognize this
problem? Does this have anything to do with not having rebooted?

Bruce Zimmer

Central Data Systems

(248) 615-4644 (direct)

(248) 705-9231 (cell)