svmon doesn't return

From: Mills, John T (John.T.Mills@ERAC.COM)
Date: Tue Dec 31 2002 - 10:21:58 EST

   This is a problem on some of the new large RS/6000's that I am
aware of. It appears that if you have a large amount of memory
(16+ GB) and you are actually using it that svmon will fail to
return any output to the report commands. svmon -G will return
the summary most of the time (read 99%), but commands like:

svmon -U root -w
svmon -Put 10

will return nothing. I am trying to determine the shared and exclusive
segment sizes per user, or even the top 10 users of memory by id
and the amounts they are using. I have looked at ps aux in the past,
but it is extremely difficult to get detailed information from it.

Any suggestions/alternatives?

Thanks,

John