Re: update microcode on hdisk0 - AIX 4.3.3

From: Sheets, Jerald (JSHeets@OLOLRMC.COM)
Date: Fri Dec 27 2002 - 15:40:52 EST

Well, first of all, do you have invscout installed? It should be on your OS
disks, and if there are updates, you can usually get them from IBM or update
CD's. Run invscout.

He creates a file called /var/adm/invscout/`uname -a |awk {'print $2'}`.mup

GO to this website:

http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/server/aix.invscoutMDS?filename=upload.h
tml

and upload the mup file. You will be returned a complete listing of all
your hardware, microcode levels, links to download info, and the like.

Jerald M. Sheets
Sr. UNIX Systems Administrator
Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center
225-765-8734