Re: LPAR Implementation

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Mon Dec 23 2002 - 07:44:09 EST

I was off last week on the LPAR Admin course, and that's probably the
one to go for. (pSeries Logical partitioning for AIX 5L - AU70.)

The course is primarily aimed at the p690, and there's some hardware
related content that won't apply to the p650, but the Hardware
management Console is the same, and LPAR configuration is the same.

The current course does not deal with PSSP attachment, (although I'm
told that's not too difficult). It's also aimed at AIX 5.1, rather
than 5.2. If you have a good instructor they should be able to fill in
some of the gaps.

I'm told that this is a very popular course at the moment: lots of IBM
business partners who need to have at least two people certified. You
should book it as soon as possible, it you decide to take this course.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe