Antwort: Ethernet blockage

From: Vesna Vranesic (vesna.vranesic@RZB.AT)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 05:26:10 EST

And you are sure that the switch port is set to 10 full duplex (the same as
your Ethernet card)?
ciao
Vesna

jef.lee@ITVISION.COM.AU@Princeton.EDU am 19.12.2002 09:06:31

Bitte antworten an aix-l@princeton.edu@inet

Gesendet von: aix-l@Princeton.EDU

An: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
Kopie:
Thema: Ethernet blockage

Hi,

We have a 43P connected to a switch. Everything was working OK until we
moved office last weekend. The switch was changed, BUT, is supposed to be
the same and all the other machines seem to be working OK. Only our little
RS6000 is getting blockages. It is running at 10Mb along with two or three
other machine. The rest are running at 100Mb.

The machine describes itself as a:
  Model Architecture: rspc
  Model Implementation: Uni-Processor, PCI bus

It is running AIX 4.2.1.0 - I know, it's a bit old in the tooth now.

The ethernet card is:
  ent0 04-D0 IBM PCI Ethernet Adapter (22100020)
# lsattr -El ent0
busio 0x1000100 Bus I/O address False
busintr 15 Bus interrupt level False
intr_priority 3 Interrupt priority False
tx_que_size 128 TRANSMIT queue size True
rx_que_size 128 RECEIVE queue size True
full_duplex yes Full duplex True
use_alt_addr no Enable ALTERNATE ETHERNET address True
alt_addr 0x000000000000 ALTERNATE ETHERNET address True

I have tried full and half duplex. I have changed the TX/RX ques from 64/32
to 128/128. I have changed the network interface driver Maximum IP PACKET
SIZE fom 1500 to 512.

Nothing has worked. NFS runs like a dog. Telnet session displays have
intermittent pauses.

Does anybody know what setting I should change?