Re: windows share to aix server

From: Mark Schlechte (MSCHLECH@REGINA.CA)
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 17:34:38 EST

No ownership issues at this point, just project 'proof of concept' sort
of thing.
I was thinking I could have the aix server provide a mount_point for the
win2k box to write to
via samba but thought it would be better if it wrote natively. Is that
what you are referring to?

I gather smbmount is a linux alternative to the generic unix mount cmd.

>>> kevin.adams@PHS.COM 12/18/02 04:07pm >>>

Does it really matter who owns it?

You can still do that with Samba and AIX permissions; windows can be R/W
and AIX R/O. (The AIX R/O might be tricky, but windows R/W easy)

You need additional software, like Hummingbird Maestro NFS, to publish
NFS shares from windows.

smbclient is command oriented and not persistent like smbmount on Linux
is.

Kevin Adams