Re: HACMP ES on FastT500

From: Zbyszek Borgosz (zbyszek@SUN.COMPUTERLAND.PL)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 15:49:12 EST

IBM only supports very limited configuration. I've done 2 HACMP ES on a
FASTT500, but on SM7 not 8. It's quite easy, since you work on the hdisk
layer only.
IBM sayz you can have HACMP in hot-standby mode, or concurrent mode
only. I understand it is the question of locks not being maintained by
FastT (like SSA, or SCSI does). Anyway, at one of my customer I have a
FastT500 with 30 disks, 4 servers connected through two switches. One
pair is in HACMP in mutual-takeover mode, and another two work as
standalone servers. I've done dozens of possible failue tests,
everything was and is OK. So, go for it.
Best regards!

--
zee