Upgrading from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3 With Mirrors

From: Ron Bramblett (bramblet@FULLER.COM)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 09:20:10 EST

Hello,
I have a RS6000 7025 F40 server. It has been fully supported by
Prophet21 and since they have done all of the work on it, I have little
or no knowledge of it.

P21 said that it is our job to do the upgrade.
So now I need to learn about it.

We tried a upgrade / migration last week and it failed (because of a
SCSI Controller Driver)

Is it possible to upgrade with mirrors intact or do I need do break the
mirrors?? If it is what steps do I need to do?

P21 is so tight lipped about their product. Their support time is
limited to Weekdays and Saturadays. Neither of which I have without
taking the system away from the users.
Last week P21 told me after the failed upgrade that the upgrade failed
because of hardware. I contacted our local CE and he did not believe
them. He agreed that it was a driver issue. When it failed initially and
we had to wait on them to call us back, it was because of the mirrors
which would not let me change the option to Upgrade.

How would I go about breaking the mirrors and what other things do I
need to know about? Like paging space, and maybe the additional data
that might be on the disk, etc.

Thanks for your help

--
Ron Bramblett