Re: cloning rs/6000

From: Bob Booth - UIUC (booth@UIUC.EDU)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 17:16:10 EST

There are two methods, you can use NIM, or you can boot from the install CD
on the machine you are cloning and use maintenance mode to restore from
mksysb. The in some cases the second method will require a system cloning
diskette to be used, and I can give you that method offline if you wish (it
is a bit long). I think they have fixed the procedure somewhat with AIX 4.3,
but I could be wrong. The cloning diskette contains a signature file, a
copy of bosinst.data (modified if you are mirroring), and a cloning program
that moves the proper kernel into place (in your case bos.up).

bob