Antwort: Re: How to run a job from remote session

From: Volker Gruenewald (Volker.Gruenewald@LINDE-MH.DE)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 08:24:35 EST

Hello,

create a script (script.sh) on the remote machine like:

# !/usr/bin/ksh
export DISPLAY=yourmachine:0.0
aixterm -v -e smitty >/dev/null < /dev/null 2>&1 &
exit

and make it executable

make sure your host has an entry in the remote machine's /.rhosts
and enter the following at your host

rsh <remote machine> <path to your script>/script.sh

you can expand this method to other remote machines

regards

Volker Grünewald
IT Administration
Linde AG, material handling