migrate the filesystem

From: William Liu (borgliu@mail2000.com.tw)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 09:58:16 EST

Dear List:

because the data still increaseing, and the disk has no enough space to expand the filesystem
I want to migrate this filesystem to another VG
but I have no sure my prodecure is correct or not

this is my step:

0. stop the runnng program which need in this filesystem

1. backup all the file in this file system( tar zcvf backup.tgz /usr/local/data/* )

2.umount the filesystem (umount /usr/local/data )

3. add a new filesystem in other VG, and mount it to /usr/local/data

4.restore the file ( tar zxvf backup.tgz)

5. check the file are ok,

6.re-start the program and test it ok

7.delete the LV (usage by old filesystem) and it will release the hdisk space

====
Is this OK? DO I miss anything?
thanks