Re: high paging

From: Holger.VanKoll@SWISSCOM.COM
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 06:04:28 EST

>My experience (from 64 gbyte regatta systems) is when you have lots of
pages in numperm, the page stealing algorithm is too slow. It seems to
scan the page filecache again and again to look for pages to free, and
in the meantime the system has to do paging.

hm... that should lead to a high sr:fr ratio

do you remember what sr/fr values you have seen at this behaviour

I currently have 1:3 to 1:5 . I dont think this is too much.